January 5, 2009

Top 30 Meme

Found this on last.fm and couldn't help filling it out. I am such a sucker for lame, pointless surveys such as this one. This one is in British.

Based on my last.fm charts:

iGotSurvivalism's top 30 artists:

1. Nine Inch Nails
2. The Sisters of Mercy
3. Interpol
4. Joy Division
5. The Jesus and Mary Chain
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
7. Siouxsie and the Banshees
8. Bauhaus
9. A Perfect Circle
10. Editors
11. Killing Joke
12. White Rose Movement
13. New Order
14. The Birthday Party
15. Dead Can Dance
16. The Arcade Fire
17. She Wants Revenge
18. Death From Above 1979
19. Swans
20. David Bowie
21. Blonde Redhead
22. The Dresden Dolls
23. Tuxedomoon
24. The Clash
25. Lydia Lunch
26. Current 93
27. Skinny Puppy
28. Cat Power
29. TV on the Radio
30. Foetus

How did you get into 29?
Good ol' Daddy Reznor, as is always the case with most of my favorite bands.

2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Gravity. Didn't like it so much though.

3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Hmmm, let’s see: Movement, Brotherhood, Low-Life, Power, Corruption & Lies, Substance and Technique. So six.

4. What is your favourite song by 15?
Xavier, from Within the Realm of a Dying Sun.

5. What is your favourite song by 5?
A tie: Darklands, The Living End and Head On =D

6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Uh... no? It's Nick fucking Cave, dude!

7. What is your favourite song by 10?
I guess Blood, or Munich.

8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
Listening to Foetus at school after a crappy exam, sitting in front of a hot guy lol. There was some flirtation involved, until I played I'll Meet You In Poland Baby. Totally killed the mood.

9. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
What the hell? Michael Gira does not make happy music! Um, but Rutting can put a smile on my face sometimes.

10. How many times have you seen 25 live?
Haha, I wish. Nevahhhh!

11. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?
In a Manner of Speaking... I just want to say... awww!

12. What is your favourite album by 11?
The first self titled and Night Time.

13: Who is your favourite member of 1?
Who do ya think? ;) The big man with a gun, doh!

14: Have you ever seen 14 live?
Sadly, they broke up long before I was even born.

15: What is a good memory involving 27?
The scary artwork for Mind: the Perpetual Intercourse.

16. What is your favourite song by 16?
Rebellion (Lies)

17. What is your favourite album by 18?
You're a Woman, I'm a Machine. Like I have any other choice.

18. What is your favourite song by 21?
Futurism vs. Passeism. Fucking ace instrumental!

19. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?
All the Pretty Little Horses, and it scared me a bit, to be honest.

20. What is your favourite album by 2 ?
Used to be Floodland, but since it's so short, I'm starting to really like the compilation album Some Girls Wander by Mistake.

21. What is your favourite song by 3?
THE SCALE!!! And Pace is the Trick.

22. What is you favourite song by 8?
Dark Entries. (Picking favorite songs by certain bands can be quite difficult).

23. How many times have you seen 17 live?
None, and it's not like I'm dying to see them live anyway.

24. What is the worst song by 12?
Not worst, but the only one I don’t listen to is Deborah Carne.

25. What was the first song you ever heard by 28?
Sea of Love. Beautiful.

26. What s you favourite album by 7?
Juju, hands down.

27. What is your favourite song by 24?
Classic. London Calling.

28. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?
Noooo! Why the hell does this question only apply to the bleakest shit I listen to??? Although... the video for The Outsider always makes me LOL. But the song is fucked up.

29. What is your favourite album by 4?
Unknown Pleasures. Although I do love everything Joy Division ever made.

30. How many albums do you own by 20?
Only five. Shame on me.


I bet most people who have checked out this blog, or my last.fm page before, know this already. But it was kind of almost sort of fun to do it!


----------------
Listening to: QueenAdreena - For I Am The Way
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment