July 25, 2010

What My Life Has Become as of Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello reader(s). I realize I have been a little bit M.I.A. for the last couple of months, only showing up to comment on Trent Reznor's latest (failed) foray into the world of honest, integral musicianship, and to complain about some shit; because that is what I do and everyone knows it. I realize I haven't posted any of my long-winded "State of the Union" sort of updates in a while, so, after I woke up from a 13 hour nap at about 3:00 PM, I decided this is what I want to do.

Today, July 25, 2010 at exactly 9:35 PM, I have a huge headache and my hair looks nice.

Speaking of hair, I am undergoing a hair loss treatment. Started in April and have no idea when I'll stop cause it was supposed to be five months but it seems like it's taking forever. Hair does look better and I guess I can say it stopped falling off, but that's the least I expected for what I'm paying for it.

I am back at school. For two months only though, fingers crossed. This is all part of life's plot to keep me from going places.

Speaking of going places, my plans of going to New York City to study my Master's have been put on hold. Oh, I guess you didn't know I was planning to study my Master's in NYC. Heh, ok, well now you do. I was planning to apply for a MFA in Creative Writing at Hunter, but I have better plans now, so I guess that can wait. I have been seriously considering moving to Norway as soon as school lets me out, er- I graduate, and study my Master's there. Seriously cosidering a M.Phil in Human Rights. I guess I'd do better at this since it doesn't require any display of talent whatsoever.

For the first time in my life, I have plans. I've never been the kind to plan my life or go by goals. The few times I have, I ended up falling flat on my ass and doing nothing. So I stopped doing it and started living "dangerously". I live each day as it comes and wait for life itself to decide what I should do or sort things out for me. It has worked, to be honest. But now I have plans again. Aside from wanting to go to Norway -- which I'm pretty sure I will do, as I am motivated enough to pursue it -- I have business ideas, I am starting to take the initiative in small business plans (I hate business plans cause I am a proletarian, not an entrepreneur) and other positive stuff. Not sure how long this is gonna go on for, but I'm okay with it as long as I get something good out of it.

Wanna hear my business plan? I will open a tea shop. Sort of like Starbuck's, but for tea lovers. If this fails, I have a plan B. With my Master's, I will apply for a job at the UN. I bet they'll hire me with my big shot M.Phil in Human Rights from Norway. That's what those folks are all about, right? If all else fails, I'll go into fashion design. My global domination plans are super effective, aren't they?

I think I'm not depressed anymore. I'm still a weird, emotionally unstable person with serious issues though. And I think I might have anxiety. Oh well... nobody's perfect.

I love my boyfriend with all my heart. He makes me really happy despite my great faults. He's also hella patient with me.

I am going back to New York in October with my boyfriend. We're so excited about this we can't wait for these two month wait to be over. The reason we're going to NYC? We're going to see Swans! Yes! WE'RE GOING TO SEE SWANS! WEEEE! Thanks to him we got some nice tickets on time and we're all set. Planning this trip has proven really exciting -- even though I know the city very well, I can't wait to explore new places and show them to him. I'm a huge cheeseball, I know. Here's a picture of the Swans tickets my bf bought:



We're also considering going to other concerts if possible, so any suggestions will be appreciated. So far my only options are Dead Kennedys, Foals, Ratatat and The XX. If you're wondering about the latter, I will say this here: No, I am not fan of those bullshit hipster posing assholes. I am, however, a fan of the opening acts: Warpaint and Zola Jesus. There's also the possibility of a Legendary Pink Dots show and hopefully, if we're lucky, a Current 93 show that would knock down all the other shows and kick their pasty, stinky, hipster asses. We'll see.

I haven't forgotten about my 365 Project. Yet.

News flash: I don't like Queen. Fuck Queen.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Arcade Fire. I might even review it. It's brilliant. Here's the title track:

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs


I am poor.

I love sleeping. I've been sleeping a lot lately. Maybe I'm just gonna die soon. Who knows.

Today, July 25, 2010 at exactly 10:16 PM, I am sleepy and my headache hasn't gone away. I also have homework to do. So bye.


----------------
Now playing: Sad Lovers & Giants - Man Of Straw
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Lucky boyfriend you have, lady!

    Love you, wonderful; can't wait for NY. :D

    ReplyDelete