December 31, 2009

We Interrupt You NYE Celebrations...

... Because former Birthday Party guitarist Rowland S. Howard died.
(Why couldn't it be Rush Limbaugh, why?!?!?!)

I am so sorry for the world, what we have lost will never be replaced. One of my favorite guitarists of all time, I have been a fan of his since he was in Nick Cave's pre-Birthday Party project, Boys Next Door. Through the years I've followed his work closely and knowing that no more greatness will come from this man makes me very sad.

Why have so many people died this year? Ugh, cannot wait for it to be over! Less than twelve hours to go, thank goodness.


(Rowland S. Howard and Lydia Lunch on the cover of the 'Some Velvet Morning' single).

Wikipedia

Rest in Peace, Mr. Howard.


----------------
Now playing: Crime & the City Solution - Motherless Child
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment