September 8, 2009

Repetitive Monotonous

I'm being haunted by yet another Nine Inch Nails song. I thought my obsessive NIN fangirl days were over, but old habits die hard, and this habit is like a fucking cockroach and it seems will survive the end of the fucking world. Personally, I wanted my next obsession to be either Happiness in Slavery (from Broken) or Sunspots (from a-With-a_Teeth-a) because heaven knows I would marry any of those songs (I would propose, even) any day. Nah, it's not either of those. Instead, it is this precious gem I can't stop humming:




Watching all the insects march along
Seem to know just right where they belong
Smears of face reflecting in the chrome
Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone
No one's heard a single word I've said
They don't sound as good outside my head
It looks as though the past is here to stay
I've become a million miles a...
Why do you get all the love in the world?
All the jagged edges disappear
Colors all look brighter when you're near
The stars are all afire in the sky
Sometimes I get so lonely I could...
Why do you get all the love in the world?
Why do you get all the love?



I swear to God, this song fucking follows me EVERYWHERE I go! Weird, considering I spent a good amount of time hating it, skipping it on iTunes and even denying its existence. Now, I will never understand why I hated it so, it's not such a bad song. I mean, it's not Deep or Kinda I Want To. Maybe it creeped me out cause after one hell of a fucking long wait for a NIN album, the first song I get is some sort of awkward Radiohead-meets-Fleetwood Mac sonic hybrid, and well... it was weird. All the Love in the World isn't horrible, not in the very least. I was just expecting something less... gospel-choir-y.

Well anyway, I'm scared. I've listened to ATLITW a grand total of 17 times just today. I'm not sure, but taking a wild guess, I'd say I listened to it about 45 times yesterday, and, I don't know, about 54765476800000000000 times during this past weekend. Talk about getting stuck in the sound.

I need a new obsession. I'm on a diet, working in the afternoon, which I never did before (usually had the ass-crack-of-dawn-shift) and quitting alcohol for good (or at least till NY... or maybe the trip I'm planning with Dani in October) so my entire system is screwed up. I mean, All the Love in the World??? What's next, Ringfinger??? (actually, I'm also slightly obsessed with Twist, the Purest Feeling version of Ringfinger. Oh, fuck!)

(I don't even know why I'm blogging about this, I'm in Computer Science class and this is boring me the FUCK out!)

PS, I think the bass on All the Love in the World is slightly reminiscent of that on Massive Attack's Angel. I don't know where I get these fucked up ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment