December 30, 2010

A Year in Bullshit

In case you haven't been tuning up lately, here's what happened this year that made it so "special":

  • I quit my old horrible job and got another one that [didn't] suck. 
  • I finished school.
  • My big mouth got me #1 in my dean's shitlist. 
  • I made great friends.
  • I got in a lot of trouble.
  • I went to NYC and had a great time buying lots of things.
  • I saw Swans live at the Bowery Ballroom.
  • I signed up for driving lessons (NEW!)
  • For the first time in my life, my mother is cooking New Year's dinner. (NEW!)
  • I got to a point where I was mostly stable, only to have everything crap out on me and push me back to complete and utter disaster.
  • I tasted kulfi.
  • I fell in love with kulfi.
  • I used a CAT tool for the first time.
  • I deleted my entire music collection, yet again. I'm actually very impressed with myself, cause this time I actually sent my entire hard disk drive's contents into total oblivion. My stupidity apparently knows NO bounds.
  • I became inappropriate and nasty, and developed quite a crass vocabulary (via "a penis dipped in bullshit").
  • Trent Reznor had a baby and released the How to Destroy Angels EP, the single most narcissistic, uncreative and self-indulgent piece of crap to be released under Reznor's name. Then he released the soundtrack for the Social Network, and THAT became the most narcissistic, uncreative and self-indulgent piece of crap ever released under his name. Sadly, I now know he won't be able to reproduce the miracle of The Fragile ever again, and I've reconciled with those feelings of frustration to find peace. On a lighter note, thanks to a friend, The Fragile has experienced an impressive revival in my music library and now I can't seem to get enough of it. Again.
  • I think I might have found my new best friend.
  • I bought a dildo, which I haven't used, ever.
  • Lots of people died. LOTS of people. RIP all y'all.
  • To my mother's joy, I gained some weight. To my joy, I have now lost it.
  • I think I might have found reasons to love myself. I am getting there.
  • I found the light and I know what I want to do for the rest of my life: Save the world. I now know what I want to do for my Master's: Human Rights.
  • Lots of people had their naked pictures leaked online.
  • I learned to control my drinking. I hardly ever drink anymore, and if I do, I do it wisely. 
  • I changed my legendary iPod for a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Not sure if that was the best choice. 
  • Music this year kind of sucked. It REALLY sucked. I will get on that later, when I have a little free time. 
  • I learned a new, highly marketable skill: SEO.
  • I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and graduation finally seems to be in the near future. 
  • I found out I would be losing one of my best friends soon. :(
  • Music obsessions this year: HEALTH, UNKLE, Swans (of course), Nick Drake, Concrete Blonde, HTRK, Siouxsie and the Banshees, PJ Harvey and the Once OST.
  • My friends were dearly missed. I realize I neglected lots of them this year, and I plan on doing something about it in '11.
  • I think this year I managed to suck a little more than the last. I will probably say this exact same thing next year.
  • Lady GaGa didn't die.
Other than that, I think this year was quite ordinary. See you all in 2011 and I hope you guys are having a better time than I am. 

P.S. Tomorrow, I will upload a video of my eye here. It's easily one of the funniest things I've done all year.


*EDIT:











1 comment:

  1. Nice ones.My Story is similar as yours...

    ReplyDelete